A Practical Hands-On Guide to Sequencing and Navigation Development
To enroll, contact the registrar at 1-800-305-8159 x202.
In this 3-day course you will learn how to create simple and complex sequencing rules implementing the latest SCORM Simple Sequencing and Navigation specification.
Who Should Attend?
The goal of the course is to provide the students with a practical understanding of SCORM Simple Sequencing and associated SCORM run-time data elements. Students will review sequencing components and standards via hands-on exercises to re-enforce the information provided in the lectures.
Students will examine techniques for creating assessment sequencing, testing out of lessons, creating assessment to SCO remediation, creating SCO to SCO navigation, creating sequencing using objectives, and implementing content presentation techniques.
SCORM Quick Start Kit - FREE for every student!
- ADL Test Suite
- ADL Testing Tools
- ADL Sample Run Time Environment
- Development Tools
- SCORM Quick Start Code
- A variety of lab exercises
- Introduction to Simple Sequencing Model
- History: IMS Global Simple Sequencing
- Basic Sequencing Concepts and Definitions
- The role of Simple Sequencing in courseware
- Basic SCORM manifest structure
- Introduction to the Navigation Model
- Basic Navigation Model Definitions
- The role of the Navigation Model in courseware
- Sequencing and Navigation Basics
- Implementing Sequencing Rules
- Implementing Rollup Rules
- Sequencing Control Modes
- Constrain Choice Controls
- Limit Conditions
- Sequencing Collections <sequencingCollection>
- Hiding content from the user : invisible vs disabled
- LAB: Sequencing Assessments
- Influencing the LMS navigation using adl.nav.request & presentation
- LAB: Creating SCO to SCO navigation
- SCORM Runtime as it applies to Sequencing and Navigation
- Connecting Runtime to Sequencing
- Objectives and Global Objectives
- LAB: Creating Sequencing using Objectives
- LAB: Testing out of Lessons
- Advanced Sequencing and Navigation
- The tracking model
- Implementing conditional statements in Sequencing
- Global Objectives as Variables
- Advanced Sequencing and Rollup Concepts
- LAB: Assessment to SCO remediation
course runs 12:00pm - 5:00pm (EST) daily.
To enroll, contact the registrar at 1-800-305-8159 x203.